Friday, May 8, 2009

It's A Very Bad Pun, I Know!

Hello! Welcome to How inTents!

This site is intended as an idea exchange for tent camping enthusiasts who either backpack or car camp using tents (i.e. how in tents. See? I told you it was a bad pun!). My husband and I have done a lot of this over the last twenty years and as we've gotten older, we've gotten wiser about how to make it just a little bit more civilized. You don't always need the latest gear from REI or Mountain Equipment Co-op (although it's always fun looking!) and sometimes it's cool to outsmart all the 'big' outfitters by coming up with equipment and techniques that don't part you from as much of your money.

To start, the articles will be about tent camping specifically, but I'm hopeful people will contribute information about everything from backpacking food to the contents of the 'food box' or 'kitchen box' to what kind of stove you prefer. There may even be articles about lesser known camping areas and photography/photo gear advice. I'll try to toss in a recipe for camp food (beyond open this can and put it in this pot, heat, eat), and I encourage others to do the same!

Tent camping is a blast, so let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment